I saw something like this at a local grocery store in a sampling station. Using my trusted taste buds I tried to recreate it the best I could. Here it is!
I made this as kind of an egg casserole that you can make the night before, stick in the fridge and heat up in the morning. It was a hit this morning so I decided to share!
For the egg caserole, you’ll need:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 an onion, minced
- 3 T tomato paste
- 5 sundried tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- salt and pepper
- toasted Naan bread
- tzatziki spread
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Mix milk and tomato paste with a whisk until the tomato paste dissolves.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and place in a casserole dish.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes
- While baking, toast/broil pieces of naan
- Spread tzatziki on naan, and place baked egg on top and serve!
Adapted from Spoon Fork Bacon
For the Dough you’ll need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 2 T milk
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 t honey
- Additional flour for sprinkling
For the Filling you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup of tzatziki
- 1 egg
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 T butter
- 2 T brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions for dough:
- Place flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cut butter and cream cheese into small cubes and place them in the bowl.
- Mix well with a hook attachment to a mixer or simply with your hands.
- Add milk and honey and continue until you’ve formed a dough.
- Spread flour on a cutting board and on rolling pin. Roll out dough until its around 10-12″ wide
- Move crust to a baking pan.
For the Filling:
- Melt butter and brown sugar in heavy pan over medium high heat
- Add leeks and bacon and cook until caramelized
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and tzatziki. When leeks and bacon are cooked, add to the bowl.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this thick mixture over the middle of the galette crust and fold crust onto itself.
- Place into oven for around 25-30 minutes and serve.
Mmmm Lemonade the perfect summer treat!
- 3 lemons
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- Ice cubes
- Mint-Ginger Simple Syrup (optional)
- Cut peels off lemons and halve each lemon:
- Add cut lemons, water, sugar, and ice cubes into a blender.
- Blend thoroughly and pour over a sieve and into a large bowl to catch the lemonade.
- Pour into glasses and add Ginger-Mint Simple Syrup and serve!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bunch of mint leaves, minced
- 1 inch of ginger, minced
- First, take your mint and lay it out to mince.
- Then place in a heavy pot with minced ginger
- Then, add water and sugar and simmer. Remove from heat once sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then, carefully pour mixture over a sieve into a bowl.
- Press down on the mint leaves to removed all the simple syrup
- Pour your syrup right into a bottle. I used a old happy bear honey jar.
Now you’ll have all the yummy ginger-mint simple syrup you need! Toss it in your fruit salads, add it to a vinaigrette, sweeten your tea with it or use it to make delicious lemonade!