The perfect summer side dish! These are quick and easy to whip up, and very refreshing served with this yogurt-salsa sauce.
- 1 peeled and grated sweet potato
- 1 peeled and grated carrots
- 1 egg (2 may be needed depending on the size of your sweet potato/carrot)
- 1/2 cornmeal / polenta (polenta works best)
- several green onions, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 t curry
- 1/2 t cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
For THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 T lime juice
- If you haven’t already, peel and grate your sweet potato and carrot
- Place in a bowl and add egg, polenta, green onions, garlic, curry, cumin, salt and pepper and mix with hands or a hand held mixture. You should be able to form these into slightly crumbly pancakes in your hand. If they don’t stay together, add another egg.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and pour a tablespoon of oil in the pan until hot. Add each fritter in one at a time and cook for several minutes on each side.
- Finally, mix yogurt, lime and salsa together for the sauce. Serve with fritters and enjoy!