This year for Nuit Blanche, my roommates and I had a fabulous idea… sell cookies, on our bikes. It made total sense, the entire city of Toronto would be out and about searching for art, and all the restaurants would be full, and there we’d be, on our bikes with hundreds of cookies at our disposal. Indeed, the plan was a success. Jamie, Jill and I baked up 5 different types of cookies: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Caramel, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Chocolate Craisin, and… Lizzy’s Surprise. All of the cookies baked, except Lizzy’s Surprise, were made from recipes we found online. We decided to make a mixed media cookie, for all the eclectic people out for Nuit Blanche… and it was quite the hit!
Unfortunately, the cookies ALL got eaten (or sold to our very happy surprise), so we do not have any images of a Lizzy’s Surprise. But! the recipe is still here for your viewing pleasure. :-)
Great success. So were these cookies. Trust me, they’re pretty good!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 T instant coffee
- 2 T peanut butter
- 2T nutella
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup smashed potato chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Melt butter and allow to cool. In a mixing bowl, mix butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- Add peanut butter, nutella, and instant coffee
- Next, slowly add Flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture and mix until a dough forms
- Add chocolate chips and potato chips
- Roll into 2T balls, place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.