(Did I mention its wrapped in bacon and served with roasted potatoes and Hazelnut Crusted Brussels Sprouts)
Mmm. I love braised chicken, its always a go to. Ever since I met Chicken Cacciatorie I’ve been in love. Bone-in chicken always does quite well with braising, but why not jazz up chicken breast for this easy but impressive eat? You’re next dinner party, perhaps?
For the chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced thin and pounded flat
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup feta
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes in their juices, (or with additional olive oil if they are not preserved in oil)
- Juice of half a lime
- Zest of a lime
- 6 slices of bacon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for searing
- twine for tying
For the Brussels sprouts:
- 1lb of Brussels sprouts
- 2 to 3 T olive oil
- 1/3 cup of hazelnuts, minced
- salt and pepper
For The [Gravy] Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 t group savory, or whatever seasoning you fancy
Brussels Sprouts to be baked with Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Mince hazelnuts and set aside
- Halve brussels sprouts and set aside
- In a tupperware container, add brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, olive oil and salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Place on a non-stick tray and cook with chicken (below) in a 350*F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Slice your chicken breasts if necessary, and smack them smartly until flattened.
- In a bowl or food processor, mix sundried tomatoes, olive oil, cheese, lime and zest until ingredients create a fine grain that forms when squeezed together.
- Place your chicken on wax paper or parchment and spread a drop of olive oil on each and flip over.
- Season the flip side with a hint of salt and pepper. Divide the cheesy sun-dried tomato mixture on the chicken breasts and press it down firmly.
- Carefully, or perhaps even with the help of a friend, roll each breast up tightly (rolling lengthwise) and securing with twine.
- In a hot pan, heat a table spoon of olive oil and sear the chicken on all sides until brown. Don’t concern yourself whether the chicken is fully cooked, it will be baked thoroughly in the following steps.
- If you dare (I would recommend), wrap each chicken in 1 or 2 slices of bacon.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, and add wine and stock. Cover with a tin foil.
- Bake for around 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with Brussels sprouts and enjoy!
- After you cook your chicken, reserve the chicken stock and wine mixture for gravy.
- In a man on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Slowly, add wine & stock mixture
- Allow to bubble and thicken. Add salt to taste. Serve with the chicken. :-)