These are really a delicious and hearty breakfast option. Even the lover of all carbs will be charmed by this number.
- 1 banana, mashed (preferably one which is more ripe)
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa, prepared to package instructions (around 1 cup prepared quinoa)
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 or 2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 c corn starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Maple Syrup for serving
- optional: Almond milk
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and corn starch. Incorporate until smooth.
- Using a spoon or spatula, add all of the cooked quinoa and banana. Stir well. Batter should have same consistency of normal pancake batter. If too thick, add almond milk by the tablespoon. Too thin, add corn starch by the tablespoon.
- Heat a griddle on medium-high. Be sure to use a non-stick pan and grease before each pancake.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Once bubbles form and pop on batter it is time to flip. Cook on both sides and serve with maple syrup.
- Make about 8 pancakes.