It’s that time of the year again where things are getting busy with school, I’m starting cooking projects when I don’t have the time, but I can’t wait to eat the cooking projects either. Story of my life. My roommate had mentioned she was craving taco bell, and since I am incredibly indecisive I decided that I wanted what she wanted, taco bell… specfically a crunch wrap supreme.
So, I decided to make it.
It turned out AMAZING! The best part is, its nice an compact, I was able to eat it in hand on the way to the library (no joke!). Even was able to run into two people, give them hugs, and not get any of my ridiculous sauce on them. They were impressed, to say the least. This is perfect for girls on the go! Try it. You’ll enjoy.
- 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- 6 4-inch corn tortillas
- 1lb chicken
- 1 cup cheese
- 2T Cajun seasoning / taco seasoning
- 1t Tabasco sauce
- splash of barbecue sauce
- ~10 oz canned diced tomatoes and juices
- 1/2 16-oz can black beans or re-fried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Sour cream, jalepeños, whatever your heart desires for toppings
- Olive oil
- Baking the chicken: Preheat the oven to 350*F, cut your chicken breast into slices, slather in olive oil and taco seasoning, and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Leave the oven on after the chicken is done!
- Then, attack this chicken with two forks, shred it up real nice, and throw it in a non-stick pan with some canned tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, barbecue sauce, and perhaps a bit more spice. Let the tomato juices come to a simmer and then turn off heat.
- Now, either one at a time or in an assembly line, take one corn tortilla and top with cheese, onion, beans, and jalepeños. I usually save the cheese for last, because as it melts it will work as an adhesive for the onions and beans and such which could roll off the tortilla when moving it out of the oven. Place this in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Take your larger flour tortilla, and put a helping of chicken in the middle so its the same diameter as the corn tortilla, and place the corn tortilla on top.
- Now, place all the rest of the fixings you would like in your crunch wrap supreme on top of this corn tortilla layer. I decided to also put sour cream around the edge, I was feeling silly I guess. I added some lettuce, tomato, olives, salsa, and avocado.
- WRAP IT!
Do this in a clockwise motion, and it will be nice and folded. To cook this baby up, I put a bit of oil in a frying pan, placed this face up and put a heavy pot on top to keep it folded. Then, I flipped it over. It came out wonderfully!
- Then I bit into it…