- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bunch of mint leaves, minced
- 1 inch of ginger, minced
- First, take your mint and lay it out to mince.
- Then place in a heavy pot with minced ginger
- Then, add water and sugar and simmer. Remove from heat once sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then, carefully pour mixture over a sieve into a bowl.
- Press down on the mint leaves to removed all the simple syrup
- Pour your syrup right into a bottle. I used a old happy bear honey jar.
Now you’ll have all the yummy ginger-mint simple syrup you need! Toss it in your fruit salads, add it to a vinaigrette, sweeten your tea with it or use it to make delicious lemonade!