Every time I come home for a trip, my mom loves it when I make my galette recipe. It’s dynamic, makes great desserts, appetizers, and here, breakfasts, and you can throw in whatever you like! This time, we just had too much fun with alliteration and decided to use bacon, brie, and basil. It was yummy, and a lightened up version of our savory eggy breakfast dishes.
Traditionally I make my galettes on a board flat, but this one i put in a shallow pie dish so that it could keep form with the egg mixture. So, technically this was was kind of a quiche, but you could take it out of the pie dish and it didn’t lose its shape in the least.
-Rolling Pin (or or a bottle of gin turned on its side, whatever can roll dough)
-8″ pie pan
*Lightened Up* Galette Dough:
- 1 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 T butter, room temperature
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t honey
- Additional flour for sprinkling
- Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs (we did three full eggs, 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 6 strips bacon
- 5-6 basil leaves, chiffoned
- 3-4 oz brie, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Make the dough: mix butter, yogurt, honey, and cream cheese in a bowl until combined.
- Mix in the flour 1/4 cup at a time. Add salt and baking powder. Should form nice ball of dough. Move to the a cutting board with flour, and roll it out.
- Spray pie dish with cooking spray, and neatly lay your dough on top of it.
- Mix the eggs together. Then, add the yogurt and whisk until combined.
- Arrange the bacon, brie, and basil in the dish so its even across the bottom:
- Then our in your egg mixture:
- Season with black pepper and salt
- Flip over the edges:
- Then throw it in your oven for about 30 minutes and marvel at its beauty.
- See how easily you can remove it from the dish?
- Then just cut and serve! Enjoy!